active:10 minstotal:1 hr 10 minsServings:24Nutrition Profile:Egg FreeSoy-FreeGluten-FreeLow Added SugarsLow CarbohydrateLow SodiumNut-FreeDiabetic AppropriateHeart HealthyLow-CalorieLow FatVegetarianNutritionInfoAdvertisement
- 1 medium red beet
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried mint plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 Wrap beet in foil and roast in a small baking pan until tender when pierced with a knife, 40 to 50 minutes. Unwrap and let cool; peel and grate using the large holes of a box grater.
- Step 3 Transfer the grated beet to a large bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon mint, garlic and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fold in yogurt and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Step 4 Serve topped with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon mint.
To make ahead: Prepare through Step 3 and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp. Per Serving:40 calories; 2.8 g total fat; 0.8 g saturated fat; 3 mg cholesterol; 86 mg sodium. 56 mg potassium; 1.6 g carbohydrates; 0.2 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 2 g protein; 15 IU vitamin a iu; 9 mcg folate; 24 mg calcium; 5 mg magnesium;Exchanges: